Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Back on Track

Ok, everyone is asking what happened to my Antelope Hunt.  I know I just disappeared all of a sudden and left everyone hanging.  I'm sorry.  The darn Antelope just beat me to death and I just gave up and headed back to Lake Almanor.  I needed to get back to the cabin on Friday before everyone showed up for deer season. My season was six days long and everyday it was a cat and mouse game with the one and only good buck on the ranch.  In the end, he won. I head home with my tail tucked between my legs. 

Deer camp started out slow but having two new hunters in camp this year made it a blast. I resisted the comment "You should have been here last year" for almost a week.  The area that was holding a lot of bucks last year was logged last fall and moved most the the bucks to greener pastures.  We found the bucks on Swain Mountain but the hunting pressure made the bucks very skittish and very hard to get close enough for an arrow. Hunting pressure usually falls off dramatically the second week and the bucks peek there noggins out of the brush and stretch their legs a little.  We spotted four bucks on Monday, four on Tuesday and two today.  That makes a total of twenty one for twelve days hunting.  I would like to expand and tell a great story but my legs are cramping and writing is very painful. Here is the results of today's hunt. 

I promise to post more adventures soon. 


No comments: