Friday, September 25, 2015

Vacation in Wisconsin


 We have been on vacation three weeks and two days and I'm finally getting to a blog post. It has been a blast so far and I haven't had much free time to post anything so I'm setting here in a swamp waiting for a whitetail to walk by swatting Mosquitos and listening to all the new sounds of the Wisconsin wildlife. No better time to start blogging again. 

We spent one night at the Grand Tetons, three nights in Yellowstone, one at Devils Tower, two days at Mt. Rushmore and Custer State Park.  Then on to Appleton WI to spend a week with my siblings. We had all kinds of fun seeing the sights and getting fat on Franks good 30 minute cooking. Jackie and Mike helped us locate a few cemeteries where our relatives were buried an we will search them out when we head south next week. 

Starting Monday Frank and I started chasing the elusive Whitetail Deer. I say elusive because it's like looking for a needle in a haystack this time of year.  We started hunting on State wildlife areas in the central farm zone near Clintonville. The wildlife areas are basically swampland (like a jungle) with the surrounding fields planted in corn that hasn't been harvested yet. The weather has been about ten degrees above normal and a little humid which isn't the best conditions for whitetails. Excuses excuses but I need to blame something on the fact that I've only seen three deer in four days of hunting. I know they are here because they come out of the woodwork after dark. The foliage is so dense you can't see past 30 yards in most cases. Here is where I am setup tonight. 
I'll post more photos in the next post.   The sun just went down so it's time to drop the iPhone and pickup the bow and get ready. 

No comments: