Friday, August 10, 2012

In the thrill of the chase

In all the excitement I hit publish in the wrong page but the think I got it together now. When I typed say tuned I was in a hurry because Heart Buck was walking into the field. For having such a sweet name he's got an attitude. He was feeding straight towards me at the 80 yard mark when another small buck got too close,his ears when back and chased him off. My luck in the wrong direction. He bedded down for an hour at the 160 yard mark then got up and ran 150 yards across the field to run off one large buck and three small boys. He's bedded again just off the end of the pivot I'm setting under, about 300 yds.

Now is the time for patience. I'm in the perfect location and by previous observations he should exit with 50 yards. No the question is; do I call Michele and have her drive out to the field and push him out or wait and take the chance of the getting up and leaving in a different path???????????????????

Stay tuned

No comments: