Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 4 and 5

Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I was very busy and completely exhausted when I got back to camp. I made one stalk on a good buck at the Doyle Ranch at about 10am. I crawled on my hands and knees for a couple hundred yards down a rocky ditch. When I got into position they must have sensed I was there and headed West.
I got a call from another rancher who had a good buck spotted and the rest of the story could be another chapter I'm not going to attempt on a iPhone. The bottom line is I took three shots at a great buck, stuck him twice and I've been on his trail ever since. Neither hit was life threatening and when we located him this morning he seemed to be in good shape and did a good job of giving us the slip. We quit about 10:30 and I searched tonight from 6 til dark. Randy said he would call me when he shows up again.
Recap: in five days I've had five shots at three bucks. Stay tuned.

No comments: