Saturday, November 1, 2008

Knot of the day

While getting ready for a steelhead fishing trip on the Trinity River I did a little research on knots to join fluorocarbon leader material to P-lines new Hydrofloat braided line and I came up with this neat website that allows anyone to download a widget called "fishing knots of the day".  I just added it to my blog and I suggest that you click on this link and check out the animated instructions to tying that forgotten fishing knot.  Cool website.  

Steve Coffman and I spent two days chasing steelhead on the Trinity River and just like our trip to Colorado hunting, the most common statement was:  " Man, you should have been here last year".  Steve landed a nice 6 lber and I hooked five and landed only two, the largest being about four lbs.
I left early to take Herb and Bert deer hunting on the river so I forgot to ask Steve to send me photos of the catch.  I will post them if Steve sends me copies in the near future.

On Friday Herb, Bert and I spent the day chasing deer and trout on the river where Tadd and I got our bucks in the first rifle season.  Herb did see one buck but couldn't put forks on it while it ran for cover.  The fishing was a little slow and the only trout to mention was the one Herb caught while pealing his boiled egg during lunch break.  Sorry to say, Bert had a tough day on the water. One Sacramento River pike (squawfish) was all he could harass.  

The last three months has been very busy in the hobby department.  It's time to spend more time at home and regroup for the winter and catch up on my domestic duties.  It is raining cats and dogs outside right now so it is a little easier to concentrate on my to do list.  Sam has been complaining about all the quail he wants to chase so I may sneak out next week to help council Sam and his quail problem.  

Check out the knot of the day widget on the sidebar.  

No comments: