Thursday, February 7, 2008

F-15 Eagle Maiden Flight

As promised, you will find a video below of the maiden flight of my new F15-Eagle Pusher Jet. I built this plane from a set of plans I downloaded off the internet. I started over Christmas vacation and finished it about three weeks ago and have been waiting for good weather for the maiden flight. As you can see by the ribbon on my antenna in the video it was a bit windy and wind isn't your friend when you are flying a plane for the first time. As it turned out the wind did make for an easier launch and landing and I am pleased with the flight characteristics and look forward for another flight soon. I flew it twice that day and both times it ended up with stress fractures in the foam, just in front of the motor compartment. I will strengthen the fuselage and it will be ready for another day at the field. The guy that designed the jet said that 85 mph is possible but I doubt that I got much more than 6o mph. If I ever play the lottery and win I might just get a radar gun, or maybe a real jet. (As long as I am just dreaming) Friday I am shooting Sporting Clays and then we are off to the cabin for the weekend. Enjoy


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Must have been early in the am and nobody was hitting the bottle yet... Both the pilot and camera man held the steady hand!