Friday, October 19, 2007

Jody's Birthday Present

Ok, I admit it. I'm in the worse physical shape I have ever been in my life and after talking to Jody on his birthday I promised to start walking. Jody and Michele's concern is my poor physical condition and my trip to Colorado. I agree, I'm a little on the heavy side and walking up and down hills at 7000 ft may be of some concern and I guess it is never too late to start. So, promises are easy to make but sometimes hard to follow through, especially when no one is around to hold me accountable. I got off the phone with Jody and grabbed my GPS and headed around the block. Being Mr. Techno now, I decided to log my exercise and to prove it I will be posting my progress. My first walk was 1.5 mi with an average speed of 3.6 mph. Sam even had his tongue hanging out when we got back. My GPS has some cool features, such as viewing my track on Google Earth (cool), and reports that show the profile of the track (elevation change) attached is a jpeg of my track in GE and a page in mapsource showing my progress. I guess I started before all the satellites were locked on and the first leg of the walk was missing, which means I actually walked more than 1.5 miles. You probably think I am bored to go to all this trouble but it is still dark outside, the wind is blowing and a light rain is falling. What better time to blog. I will keep everyone updated, which will probably make me stay with the program.
BYW, Cabelas is opening a new store in Reno on Nov. 14th and I got a special invitation, with discounts, to the opening day event. I guess I have spent too much money with them this year.

If you click on the images they will pop up in a new screen so you can get a little more detail. I'm sure you are interested enough to want to see every turn in the road. LOL








No comments: