Thursday, October 18, 2007

13 more days

Well, it is only 13 more days and Rob, Tommy and I are headed for Colorado for the final chance of the year to fill the freezer with venison. I feel like I am in a time warp right now waiting for the big day to come. I still have a few things to get ready but basically I am chomping at the bit to get going. We are really ruffing it on this trip, since the weather can be really brutial this time of year. We are staying at the Meeker Hotel which was built in 1896. Teddy Roosevelt stayed at the Hotel from time to time and I guess the main lobby has lots of history on the walls. The area we will be hunting is about a 30 minute drive north of Meeker. We hope that this will be the start of a family tradition and something to look forward to each year. I hope I can generate enough interest so more members of the family can join us next year. When this adventure is over I can then concentrate on helping with Tadd and Minnie's wedding, which is just around the corner.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pops,
I have some stuff for you to do...if you are really that bored. Grab your tool belt and head towards colorado.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm not that bored anymore. I cleaned out the shed and went to the dump today. waahoooo.