Thursday, January 20, 2011

Headed North to the Umpqua

I just got a call from my bud tonight and the trip to the Umpqua is on for this weekend. The river flows are slowly coming down from the MLK day storms and should be running a pretty by Saturday. Since I have never fished the Umpqua for winter Steelhead I jumped on the net and searched for an hour or so trying to get a little info and when I ran across a Youtube video of a fella catching a nice one one a Green Butt Skunk I just had to get out the new tying station and whip out a few.

Green Butt Skunk

After a few Skunks I decided to get creative and add some color.

On this one I changed the red tail to hot pink, the black hackle to a mix of hot pink and hot orange and used white marabou for the wing instead of calf tail.  
With luck I'll post some pictures of big Steelhead next week.  Until then I'll just make some more sawdust and spray a little lacquer.  

No comments: