Monday, October 13, 2008

Another years goes by

Come on Pops, get down and crawl a little faster.

 I had a great time Saturday playing Croquet, Secret Agent and making flower and grass pies with my grand kids.  That's right, old Pops crawling around the yard on his hands and knees and I still feel it today.  Everyone brought a little something to the table and we had a great Barbeque and memories of another passing year. 


Time for a little Flower and Grass Pie for Pop's Birthday


The venison stew is good Pops.



Well, today is the big day.  It is my Birthday  (that isn't so exciting anymore), but the real news is that today we leave for Colorado.  Deer season doesn't start until Saturday, but I can't get out of town soon enough.  The first stop will be the cabin to winterize and log oil the railings, that's right, work before pleasure.  Steve and I will leave early Wednesday morning and the first stop will be in Midway Utah for pizza and beer with Olivia, Jeff and Nikki  while we watch the Presidential Debate.  We should make it to Meeker by midday Thursday, with plenty of time to scout, sight in the guns and get use to the altitude.  I'm taking my laptop so I will keep everyone posted on the progress. 
 
The next post will be from Deer Camp.


No comments: