Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Did you know that the average person consumes 5000 calories on Thanksgiving day? I think Sam and I will be going Quail hunting next week.

I just got back from the cabin tonight after fixing a leak in the upstairs shower. We really wanted to remodel the cabin this spring. Doesn't every one like changing the sheet rock and flooring every two years? The valve in the shower had a defect in the casting and has probably been leaking for months. I've had nothing but troubles with Price Pfister valves and will probably switch over to Moen this time. I've replaced the cartridge three times in the downstairs shower and this defect in the master shower is the last straw.

On a good note, since the water has leaked all the way into the kitchen, we will rip out all of that ugly laminate flooring and install 18" tiles in the mud room, kitchen and great room. I never did like the laminate flooring and Sam will like the traction he can get on the tile. I don't think we will install the flooring until spring so we will have plenty of time to find a bargain on earthy big tiles. My first priority is drying out the whole house,replacing the valve and closing up the walls. I think I will only need to replace about three sheets of rock and then try to match the texture. Hell, I really didn't want to start the landscape this year anyway.

On Friday we are going to meet Ryder, Mindy, Sean, Tadd and Mini and go to the mountains to cut Christmas trees. This will be Ryder's first tree cutting experience and I will be taking the camera, of course. I'll post some photos this weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving.